With a track record of firsts, Verlume is a leader in world-class intelligent energy management and storage technologies for the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
At Verlume, we are continually delivering novel solutions that are as ground-breaking as they are practical, combining creativity and innovation to invent unique technology.
The team is collectively focused on and working towards our mission of delivering clean energy to challenging locations, to make things possible today that were impossible yesterday.
Daily, we do this through living and acting in alignment with our four Core Values:
- Impactful – Focused, accountable, delivering on safety & quality.
- Integrity – Honest and respectful.
- Innovation – Innovative mindset enjoying the challenge.
- Improvement – Improve and grow every day.
It’s a hugely exciting time to be joining our business with significant investment and plans for growth over the coming years as we support the energy transition and drive to Net Zero. We’d love to have you join us!
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please apply through LinkedIn attaching a copy of your CV which includes a covering letter outlining why you are interested in working with Verlume, and why you think you would be a great fit for the role. Closing Date: Friday 16th February 2024.
Role of the Designer
As a Mechanical Designer at Verlume you will be take an integral role in the creation of high-quality designs, technical drawings and supporting documentation, to create new products and enhance our existing product portfolio in-line with project requirements. You will provide vital input towards combining electromechanical technologies to deliver novel, engineered solutions.
As a Mechanical Designer you will be responsible for:
- Create and interpret design concepts, specifications and calculations to produce engineering models and technical drawings
- Develop 2D and 3D drawings of components and systems using Autodesk software
- Prepare schematics, layouts, storyboards and sketches as requested by project engineering and business development teams
- Liaise with cross-discipline engineering colleagues to ensure designs and documents adhere to specifications and design intent
- Develop specifications, bills of materials and other documentation to support your designs
- Check and comment on designs and drawings created by your colleagues
- Participate in technical design reviews as necessary
- Provide support during manufacture and operation to troubleshoot and deal with design alterations
- Integrate electrical and mechanical components to design a seamless, effective system.
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- SCQF Level 7 (e.g. HNC) in mechanical engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in a similar role, preferably with a working knowledge of Autodesk design software (experience of alternative design software packages are also acceptable)
- Knowledge of sheet steel fabrication, aluminium fabrication, structural plastics.
- Experience of design of mechanisms and moving components such as sliders, rollers, hinges, latches, locking mechanisms
- Knowledge of electronics integration and housing – rack systems, component layouts, wire routing, harnessing, PCB mounting, etc.
- Understanding of environmental test standards – shock, vibration, temperature, humidity, altitude, etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques – sheet metal fabrication, casting, injection molding, extrusions
- Passionate about the energy transition
- Self-starter, with creative thinking skills and critical analysis capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interface and lead dialogue with multidiscipline teams.
- Enjoys challenges, innovation and disruptive technology.
Most important to us is that you are great fit for our team and culture, demonstrating behaviours aligned with our values.
We are continually reviewing and improving our benefits package to ensure we support our team’s wellbeing both in and out of work. Currently we offer:
- Private healthcare for you and your dependents
- Life assurance cover
- Company pension with 7% employer’s contribution
- A variety of flexible and hybrid working options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Verlume benefits hub for shopping discounts
- Support for training and development
Verlume is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on any basis. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates and employees are treated fairly and with respect. We welcome applications from everyone and encourage you to join our inclusive and supportive team. Should you require any adjustments during the recruitment process to accommodate you better, please let us know.