Senior Project Engineer (Software)
Position: Senior Project Engineer (Software)
Business Unit: UK
At Verlume, we are dedicated to changing the energy landscape towards a sustainable future. We facilitate the use of renewable power sources through the intelligent integration and management of energy storage. We provide engineering consultancy, which is completely technology agnostic, utilising proprietary Verlume software to complete data analysis. We provide energy storage and energy management equipment, integrate these into complete renewable energy systems using a combination of Verlume designed products and those from trusted partners.
The role of Senior Project Engineer is given to those who can demonstrate expertise and in depth industry knowledge. The role of the Engineer will be to work on controls scopes with a focus on the Software and Firmware aspects. The Engineer is expected to facilitate the development of code in house. The Engineer will report to the Software Manager.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following) :
• Write system/design specification, functional requirements of software and firmware.
• Design, implement and test Verlume software and firmware.
• Input into scheduling of projects.
• Determine project resources internally and externally.
• Ensure project activities are completed in compliance with the quality management system.
• Attend client meetings.
• Support business development as and when required.
• Identify opportunities for repeat client business.
• Offer support and guidance to members of the team to aid the growth and development of the company.
Key Skills (includes, but not limited to the following):
• C on microcontrollers, ARM STM32
• Comms; serial, TCP/IP, USB, Modbus, CAN
• Visual Studio
• Test and debug code
• Version control – GIT
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Apply Verlume, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
Education / Experience
• BSc or BEng, however a combination of alternative qualifications and experience will be considered.
• 10+ years experience.
• Qualified Engineer in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• Chartered or Incorporated
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply now attaching your CV and details of your availability. Alternatively, for more information, please contact us or email.